In the path of life, few incidents change our point of view towards life and we learn few lessons which shape our life that we are leading today. I am sharing these lessons with you in this post may be you will relate with them.
1. There are no free lunches – When someone is doing a favour to you there are higher chances that they are expecting something from you in return.
2. People always love smiling faces – Most people don’t care about your struggles and problems. Nobody like sad faces as they are facing challenges on daily basis too.
3. Respect your roots – These days I found people are more attracted to western culture (including me) but this doesn’t mean you start despising your own culture. Unfortunately it became a fashion symbol these days (which I highly condemned). In other words :
जो अपने देश का न हो पाया वह किसी का क्या होगा
No matter which country you are living in, even you are living in US from 20 years still people will call you an Indian, be proud of your nation you are representing us.
4. Self respect is most important in the world – If you will not believe in yourself who will? If anyone is doing injustice to you, it’s necessary to take stand for yourself. As Tulsidas has said :
आवत ही हरषै नहीं नैनन नहीं सनेह।
तुलसी तहां न जाइये कंचन बरसे मेह।।
5. Money is not most important thing in the world – Sometimes we don’t understand the value of satisfaction. Greed of money make us to follow the rat race.
The above mentioned points are not new to anyone, even a school going child know these things. But honestly, while I was writing this post some past memories are coming back to me reminding me how these principles became integral part of my life.